CPANPLUS not updating @inc for testing?
Dan Collins
2014-12-21 15:27:01 UTC
Greetings,

http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/87f32f1b-6bfc-1014-907c-10e94300afcd

Has anyone encountered any reports like this before, where it seems like
there is nothing in the @inc for testing? The @inc at the end of the test
report seems complete, but the test script itself isn't seeing it.

As an added bonus, if you escape all the backslashes, the @inc is getting
pretty close to 32K. Is it possible that I'm hitting a limitation of
Windows? Is there any workaround, other than installing enough common
prereqs that the size of PERL5LIB stays low?

Is it perhaps a bug (on CPANPLUS? on CPANPLUS::YACSmoke?) that it
recognized:

MISSING PREREQUISITES:

It was observed that the test suite seem to fail without these modules:

Devel::Confess

But still submitted a failing report anyway, even though the module we were
hoping to test is "missing"?

Thanks,
Dan
David Golden
2014-12-22 16:05:07 UTC
Post by Dan Collins
pretty close to 32K. Is it possible that I'm hitting a limitation of
Windows? Is there any workaround, other than installing enough common
prereqs that the size of PERL5LIB stays low?
Short term, I don't think so.

Long term, I'd like to see a way for CPAN clients to install to a local
library path for testing so there is only one additional entry in PERL5LIB.

David
Andreas Koenig
2014-12-23 11:58:32 UTC
dc> Is it perhaps a bug (on CPANPLUS? on CPANPLUS::YACSmoke?) that it recognized:

Have you stopped your smoker for further investigation? I mean that
smoking with a potentially broken program may wreak havoc on a sensitive
infrastructure. I just found these three new fails for example:

http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Class-C3-Componentised%201.001000;os=mswin32;reports=1

They look horribly broken and come after 9000 passes. Looks very
suspicious. Similar here:

http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=CGI-Simple%201.115;os=mswin32;reports=1

Could you perhaps run the smoker in slow motion so that it stops before
sending a fail report and asks for manual confirmation or something like
that?
andreas
Dan Collins
2014-12-23 15:18:51 UTC
That's what I did on Sunday - all reports go to file, and then anything
matching a few errors gets deleted, I check the rest of the fails, then
submit the whole batch. Here are the automatic filters:
if ($reporter->{'_report'} =~ /MISSING PREREQUISITES/ ||
$reporter->{'_report'} =~ /Could not execute
\("C:\\cpantest\\perl\d+\\bin\\perl\.exe"/ ||
$reporter->{'_report'} =~ /Can't locate loadable object for module/ ||
$reporter->{'_report'} =~ /ERROR LOADING MODULE: /) {